Friday, January 5, 2018

January 5, 2018

Well folks, I haven't posted any wanderings for a couple of years. And you want to know why - I haven't been doing much wandering - mostly healing. BUT now I am on the road again and here I am. Healing? Yes. The first episode was rather nasty. I decided to hang a potted plant on the post of my deck. I have a very trusty ladder and once I climbed it I set the drill to put in the screw on which to hang the pot, I exerted a little pressure, and I do mean little. Well the post gave way and I fell with the ladder et al. This resulted in 4 cracked ribs and a broken leg. I definitely needed to heal. Eighteen months later I undertook to help my grandson who had agreed to walk a neighbours dog while said neighbour was on holiday. However, there were 3 days he was unable to so I stepped in as a dutiful grandmother. Jack, the dog, is a large gentle blonde lab but when a snarling aggressive dog lunged at a fence we were passing, Jack sprung to the challenge. The problem was we were on a slight knoll and with the leash jerking, I lost my footing. This resulted in two cracked ribs and a broken shoulder. More healing necessary. So folks, I am now healed and have wandered across the great USA to take up residence in sunny Arizona for three months. What a wonderful way to start a new year. With my camera at the ready I will be watching for that perfect picture. Right now I will share an old one and invite you to visit my web page at www.mollyoconnor.ca

3 comments:

  1. Molly!

    Happy new year from your former writing group buddy. :)

    Glad you're healing and writing again.

    All best for 2018.
    :) Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are travelling and blogging again. So sorry, Molly, I wasn't aware of your accidents. Hope it's healthy sailing ahead. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a Centrepoint Writers' Group reunion here! :)

      Delete